> Reality bites?

Willro&co Photography

Willro&co Photography
Custom Portrait photography

want to improve your photos??

clickin' Moms

Tuesday 10 February 2009

Reality bites?

Gotta love Lusi. She has this way of saying things that make me ponder.

Like the way she challenged me to be bold about my faith for my SBM master's entry (she probably doesn't remember!). Also possibly why it got as far as the top 50 and closer inspection scared them off ;)
It was however a good thing for me to do...and couldn't have hurt those that had to read it...



Her blogging today is another good example.

I'd like to think that I could be pioneer woman [insert husband rolling his eyes] - minus the ranch....and the horses....oh, and I don't homeschool...nor can I cook that well.....and I moved away from our own family farm to get away from sheep. But you know what I mean. I'll admit to feeling pangs of jealousy when I read her blog and see someone who seems to have it all so together, can do everything she puts her hand to, takes wonderful photos, is a whiz in photoshop, has a huge online following of fans...has a storybook romantic marriage....... dang...if I wouldn't just love everyone to think my life was like that.

There is that image that I'd like to portray...that nothing phases me & I can take it all in my stride. Work as a physio....keep a happy and harmonious house running....be a competent digiscrap designer....be a good photographer.....get 3 kids to school and all that entails.....be where I should be in my walk with God.

Really? (that was the annoying question that Lusi posed)

OK then - what was real today?

really - I ignored the children making half hearted attempts to get ready for school whilst I checked my emails, blogs and forums....then got cranky at them when they hadn't gotten ready (...but you were on the computer mum......)

really - I congratulated myself on making it to ladies prayer group on the way to work then felt convicted by Lucy's (another one - what is it with all these lucy's today?) honest confession that she doesn't spend enough time with God and was getting up earlier each morning to make sure she reads her bible and prays. I still haven't done that.

really - I raised my voice (Ok, lets call it 'yelled'. I guess I don't need to be politically correct in this post) at at least 2 children who would not sit and do their piano practice.

really - I was driving in a totally self-absorbed manner and failed to notice the little old lady that had just stepped on the crossing. Thankyou Lord that she had only 'just' stepped on and lived to give me a filthy look.

really - the dog didn't get walked. Again. He now considers our relationship to be casual.

really - the children are wasting time in front of the TV because I am here and the kitchen is a
mess

I'm sitting here thinking that Jesus was very real. Given that he knew the outcome of everything - it would have been so easy for him to 'not worry at all' as he knew how things would eventually pan out - but then I think of Luke 22.44 'And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.' What is that about then??

It is OK to be real...
(thanks Lus :)

3 comments:

lusi 11 February 2009 at 8:13 am  

i love you.
seriously.
and i love the way you write.
so do not remember that convo about sharing your faith in your masters entry - sorry if i sabotaged it for ya :( i still think your time will come.
i loved reading your real stuff. so many that are like mine.
and yeah, what can we do with that last bit of scripture you shared other than be real ourselves?
love to you,
Lus x

Neek 11 February 2009 at 1:44 pm  

great post Ro! :) Thanks for keeping it real!!

Melanie H 13 February 2009 at 3:48 pm  

Im with you on number 1... I have to log on then snap at Peter and Lillee to hurry up and get ready. lol

You sure have a way with words sweetie.

want help with your photography?

www.ClickinMoms.com

About Willro&co Designs

Based at Jervis bay on the NSW South Coast. I work as a physiotherapist, but also produce fine art photography and digital resources for photographers and scrappers. Please feel free to browse around my Divine Digital shop to see my digiscrap designs, or email me at rjfield@bigpond.net.au if you are interested in photography services.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP